Sussex Strategic RJ Manager selected for MOJ Experts Group
John Willett, Strategic RJ Manager for the Office of the Sussex Police & Crime Commissioner, has been selected to join the Ministry of Justice (MoJ) new Experts in Restorative Justice Group. The Group will inform the government’s policies and activities in relation to restorative justice in England and Wales.
In November 2014, the MoJ invited applications from stakeholders interested in being members of the Group. A total of 45 expressions of interest were received before being narrowed down to a group of 18.
The Experts in Restorative Justice Group will advise and assist the MoJ’s vision for good quality, victim-focused restorative justice to be available at all stages of the criminal justice system. It takes the place of the RJ Action Plan Working Group, which was disbanded in 2014.
Also joining John Willett on the Experts in Restorative Justice Group are:
- Joan Bailey – University of Bedfordshire
- Marcia Barrett – Youth Offending Service (Hounslow and Croydon)
- Becky Beard – Restorative Gloucestershire
- Louise Brookes – National Probation Service
- Debra Clothier – Escaping Victimhood
- Jon Collins – Restorative Justice Council
- Marcus Czarnecki – Voluntary Action North East Lincolnshire
- Brian Dowling – Victim Support
- Ray Fishbourne – Thames Valley Partnership
- Alexia Gray – Kirklees Council
- Roger Hadwen – Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime
- Sarah Morris – Why me?
- Daniel Palmer – London Community Rehabilitation Company
- Elaine Roberts -North Wales Police
- Meredith Rossner – London School of Economics
- Gary Stephenson – Restorative Solutions
- Pete Wallis – Oxfordshire Youth Offending Service
- John Willett – Office of the Sussex Police & Crime Commissioner